Based on the iconic 1985 Paramount movie which was inspired by the classic Hasbro board game, Clue is a hilarious farce-meets-murder mystery. The tale begins at a remote mansion, where six mysterious guests assemble for an unusual dinner party where murder and blackmail are on the menu. When their host turns up dead, they all become suspects. Led by Wadsworth – the butler, Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum, Mrs. White, Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock and Colonel Mustard race to find the killer as the body count stacks up. Clue is the comedy whodunit that will leave both cult-fans and newcomers in stitches as they try to figure out…WHO did it, WHERE, and with WHAT!
NEWSCASTER/NARRATOR, a news commentator and stage direction reader.
WADSWORTH, a traditional British butler in every sense: uptight, formal and “by the book.” The driving force in the play.
YVETTE, a loyal and sexy French servant.
Miss SCARLET, a dry, sardonic D. C. madam, more interested in secrets than sex.
Mrs. PEACOCK, the wealthy spouse of a senator. A bit batty, neurotic, and quick to hysteria.
Mrs. WHITE, a pale, morbid, and tragic person.. Mrs. White may or may not be the murderer of their five ex-partners.
COLONEL MUSTARD, a puffy, pompous, dense, blowhard of a military colonel.
PROFESSOR PLUM, an arrogant academic, easily impressed by himself.
Mr. GREEN, a timid yet officious & anxious rule follower.
- THE COOK, a gruff individual with a threatening presence. (Alive and Dead.)
- SINGING TELEGRAM GIRL, a tap dancer with a heart of gold. (Alive and Dead.)
- M. BODDY, a slick, Frank Sinatra, film noir-esque type person. (Alive and Dead.)
- THE MOTORIST, a benign player who rings the wrong door- bell. (Alive and Dead.)
- CHIEF OF POLICE, a cop who helps to save the day.
- THE “BROKEN DOWN CAR” COP, a regular Joe. (Alive and Dead.)
- BACKUP COP, backup for the chief.